Biceps are undoubtedly one of the most coveted muscles in the body. After all, who doesn’t want to have big, strong and impressive arms? The biceps are the muscles that give you the perfect beach look, and they are also important for functional strength, making everyday tasks like lifting objects and opening doors easier.
But building big biceps is no easy feat, and it takes determination and hard work. It also involves a lot of time in the gym, performing exercises like the biceps curl. It is a classic exercise for building bigger, stronger arms. And while you can certainly do them with dumbbells or a barbell, using a biceps curl machine can offer some benefits as well.
If you keep at it, your biceps will soon be bigger and stronger than ever before. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to properly perform the biceps machine curl, as well as some of the benefits you can expect to see from incorporating this exercise into your workout routine.
How To Do Biceps Machine Curl
- Start by adjusting the weight of the machine to your desired level. You’ll want to start light at first and gradually increase the weight as you build up strength.
- Sit down on the machine and place your arms on the pads, making sure they’re securely in place. You’ll want to keep your back straight and your chest up throughout the exercise.
- Take a deep breath and then slowly curl your arms up towards your shoulders, squeezing your biceps as you do so. Keep your elbows close to your body and avoid swinging or jerking the weight.
- Once your arms are fully contracted, hold the position for a second or two and then slowly release the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of reps, typically 8-12 reps for a moderate weight.
Benefits Of Biceps Machine Curl
- Isolation: One of the biggest benefits of using a biceps machine is that it isolates the biceps muscle, which can be especially helpful if you’re trying to target that muscle group specifically. For example, Use a grip that’s an inch or two inside of your shoulder width so you can concentrate on the long head. If you’ve always performed your barbell curls with the same grip, try a couple of closer-grip sets and a few wider-grip sets to better emphasize the short head. While you can’t single out one section of the arms, you may shift the emphasis, as we are doing here.
- Safe: Biceps machine curl is a good option for those who are new to weightlifting or who have a history of shoulder or elbow injuries, because the machine helps to keep your form in check and reduces the risk of injury.
- Easy to use: The machine is easy to use and requires little to no setup. It also allows you to focus on your form and the contraction of your biceps rather than worrying about balancing the weight.
- Versatility: Biceps machines come in a variety of designs and can be used in different ways to target different parts of the biceps muscle.
- Good for all levels: Biceps machine curl is suitable for people of all levels, from beginner to advanced. You can adjust the weight to match your fitness level, making it a safe and effective option for people of all ages and fitness levels.
Biceps machine curl is a great exercise that can help you build bigger, stronger arms. It is easy to use, versatile, and suitable for all levels. Incorporating it into your workout routine can help you achieve your fitness goals while also reducing the risk of injury. Remember to start light, focus on proper form, and gradually increase the weight as you build up strength. Happy training!